There are a few personality tests I have done in my 25 years on this planet. Not because I’m wanting someone to tell me what my personality is, but because I’m very good at procrastinating. For this #Blogvember post I want to look at what these tests or types say my personality is, and look even further if this is reflected in my home. All tests are linked, so you can play along too!
The Harry Potter Sorting Hat quiz
So, on Pottermore, you can do the official Harry Potter Sorting Hat quiz , which will tell you which house you belong to. If you’re less patient, Buzzfeed has made a shorter version of it. The houses are Ravenclaw, Slytherin, Hufflepuff and Gryffindor. Pottermore says that I am a Ravenclaw. This puts me in the same house as Luna Lovegood, Proffesor Trelawney and Gilderoy Lockhart; if that means anything to you.
What defines a Ravenclaw?
The brief synopsis J.K. Rowling has given about Ravenclaws is as follows:
Ravenclaws prize wit, learning, and wisdom. It’s an ethos etched into founder Rowena Ravenclaw diadem: ‘wit beyond measure is man’s greatest treasure’
This makes me think of scholars, book savvy people and academics. Of which I am none. When diving deeper in the description I find that Ravenclaws are thinkers and dreamers, which is more relatable to me. They’re also quite vain, which -to be frank- is also true for me. The house colours are blue and bronze, which is the colour combo I like most of all the houses. The common room is described as ‘airy’ and filled with books and decorated with stars. This I quite like, although it’s not a 100% match to my home.
The Myer-Briggs personality types
One of the most ‘trendy’ personality tests is the Myer-Briggs one. Here you get a combination of 4 letter which is your ‘type’. In total there are 16 personality types. The following aspects are the ‘building blocks’ of the personality types:
- Extraverted (E) vs. Introverted (I);
- Sensing (S) vs. Intuition (N);
- Thinking (T) vs. Feeling (F);
- Judging (J) vs. Perceiving (P).
After doing the test, I’m an INFP. They also call this The Idealist. This means I’m more introverted, get led by intuition, act based on feelings and am more perceiving as opposed to judging.
What makes an INFP an INFP?
According to this source, an INFP can be summarized as follows:
Quiet, reflective, and idealistic. Interested in serving humanity. Well-developed value system, which they strive to live in accordance with. Extremely loyal. Adaptable and laid-back unless a strongly-held value is threatened. Usually talented writers. Mentally quick, and able to see possibilities. Interested in understanding and helping people.
Funny how this says “usually talented writers” as I write this for my blog. So, at least kind of accurate. The rest of the description also feels really fitting for me, especially the “adaptable and laid-back” part. My main goal is to make my home feel laid-back and relaxed, I want everyone to feel at home there. Besides that, it ís my own personal little cocoon, where I like to be alone and relax. The fact that I have a typewriter in my home also kind of fits with this description.
Your personality based on your zodiac sign
Here and here you can read my blogs about what your zodiac sign says about your home decor style. I myself am born the 22nd of February, which makes me a Pisces. I cóuld get into the whole birth chart thing (maybe next time), but that’ll take up too much space. This source says the following about the Pisces personality:
- Pisces are very friendly, so they often find themselves in a company of very different people. Pisces are selfless, they are always willing to help others, without hoping to get anything back.
- Pisces is a Water sign and as such this zodiac sign is characterized by empathy and expressed emotional capacity.
- Their ruling planet is Neptune, so Pisces are more intuitive than others and have an artistic talent. Neptune is connected to music, so Pisces reveal music preferences in the earliest stages of life. They are generous, compassionate and extremely faithful and caring.
- People born under the Pisces sign have an intuitive understanding of the life cycle and thus achieve the best emotional relationship with other beings.
- Pisces-born are known by their wisdom, but under the influence of Uranus, Pisces sometimes can take the role of a martyr, in order to catch the attention. Pisces are never judgmental and always forgiving. They are also known to be most tolerant of all the zodiac signs.
Defining characteristics of a Pisces
For me this all sounds wayyy too familiar from the Myer-Briggs test result INFP. Basically we are tolerant, friendly, empaths. We thrive on intuition and are in a way artistic. The difference however, is that Pisces explicitly names a preference for music, which is 10000% true. I have a collection vinyl records in my home, a vintage radio, and I have a recordplayer (which is temporarily in storage. It’s also somewhat related to the Ravenclaw house, with the defining characteristic of wisdom being named with both. As for my home, it feels like I need more books and art.
That being said
Basically, according to all tests I’m a witty, somewhat artistic person, who is chilled out and relaxed. This all doesn’t sound completely off, but it definitely feels exaggerated. Do you share some of these personality types with me? Let me know! Thanks for reading, byeeeee!